Art4Transformation and Creativity Session
Date: 6 June 2019, 7:30pm-9pm
Venue: My Art Space
What to bring: only your curiosity and willingness to share your experience with others
The context in which we live and work nowadays in complex. Using a well know acronym, we entered in the so-called V.U.C.A era (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous). Based on my personal and professional experience and most updated social research, I start to believe that the logical and efficiency-based approach that we have continued to apply in the last 100 years or more, is not the best way to succeed if not integrated with a creative one. The current context needs more adaptability, creativity, ability to make sense of things, a better integration of mind, hearth and hands, a higher connection with our emotion, values, spirits and purpose. These concepts start to enter even in the corporate context where previously they were almost banned. Organizations do not use anymore the “Machine” metaphor to represent themselves and start using the “Living Organism” metaphor which embrace many of these new concepts. It is common nowadays hearing that “right” brain type of people is becoming more and more essential in our type of world, where many “left” brain activities will be taken over by machines.
So, if that is true, how to integrate the new “creative” mindset in our life and work? How to shift paradigm? This is where art can really help because art is based on creativity, emotion expression, meaning making, passion, artistic skills such as envisioning, empathy, observation and many other, exactly the type of culture we need to develop in our society and organizations.
Being an individual who has been exposed to both Efficiency paradigm (as Corporate Executive/Transformation Expert in the business context) and Creativity paradigm (as an artist), I started to reflect on how art practice and art appreciation could help for self-development and transformation and started to journal about my personal artistic journey from a self-development angle. Than talking with my art mentor Chankerk from My Art Space, we decided that this could be an interesting perspective to share with the Art School students to activate a dialogue about this topic.
These sessions are designed and facilitated for painting pratictionaires (art students and artists) with the objective of reflecting on our art practice beyond the technical aspects and learning.You are invited to a series of sessions where we are going to reflect and discuss about:
- The painting experience beyond the aspect of learning the technique
- What can we learn from the painting practice that we can use in our daily life and work
- Be present and authentic
- The importance of un-learning
- What is a good art mentor
- Learning from mistakes
- Technique versus expression
- Flow and silence
- Balancing variety and harmony. Rhythm and beauty.
- Art as a dialogue
- Learn how to observe
- Changing Perspective
- Connecting with your inside
- Inspiration and the “genius”
- What is creativity in art
- Connect with a collective and individual unconscious
- The role of art in society
- Giving and receiving feedback
- And much more…
Facilitator of dialogue, innovation and transformation
Facilitator of dialogue, innovation and transformation
Giorgia is Italian by origins and has been living in Asia since 2008 and previously in France and US. She has been trained by international professional artists. Her encounter with different cultures has led her to deepen an artistic research that goes to the essence of things, overcoming the equivocality of the first impression and the cultural trait. Her art brings you in a journey of discovery. You travel inside her paintings and see the mundane with the surprise of foreign eyes, observe aspects you normally would fail to see. She unveils for you the unconscious. She leads to observe deeper, either a city (by observing new and uncovered details in her urbanscapes) or a human being (by the strong emotions expressed with her nude female bodies). With a limited palette of colors and minimalist strokes and lines, she captures the essence of things and their vibe, making Chinese and Western aesthetic dialogue together.
Giorgia is also the founder of Marco-Polo-Consulting, a consultancy company based in HK and operating in World Wide with major focus on Asia Pacific. The company is focused on facilitating dialogue and innovation for people-centric organizational transformations.
Giorgia has a quite distinctive background combining business and people behaviors expertise with artistic creative practice:
• Entrepreneur and Facilitator of Organization Transformation and innovation. In the last 10 years, since she created her own company in China, Giorgia has been facilitating journeys of transformations for individual, team, organization and people management systems in many Asian countries. She helps people and organizations to become more innovative and to improve the employee experience at work. She uses collaborative approaches such as Design Thinking, Lego Serious play, Art of Hosting.
• Artist and “Art4transformation©” facilitator. Formally trained and professional painter and visual/graphic facilitator, amateur theater actor and puppetry maker. In her consulting practice Giorgia currently leverages both her artistic and business experience to help others becoming more creative in the business context and develop their leadership and right brain.
• EMBA adjunct professor. She has been adjunct professor of HR and Organizational Behaviors in China for Tongji/MIP EMBA in Shanghai - China
• Corporate Human Resource senior executive. She has been leading HR departments/teams in international companies in Europe, US and Asia for more than 15 years
More details about Giorgia’s profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/giorgia-madonno-313b677/ and about her artworks at www.gmadonno.com
About Marco Polo Consulting
Marco Polo Consulting is a facilitator of dialogue and transformation. We provide organizational development and transformation professional services World Wide, with major focus in the APAC Region. We strongly believe that meaningful, engaging, innovative working environment will result in happier people and better business results. We belong to a purposeful international ecosystem of boutique companies and professionals, able to offer the flexibility and care of relationships of a local boutique company together with the international capability of a global organization. Our clients in Asia include Volkswagen group, Fiat, Datalogic, Pirelli, Kaspersky Labs, De Longhi , Electrolux, Vopak, Luxottica and Ferrero.
More details at: www.marco-polo-consulting.com
|Event Date||06 June 2019|
|Event End Date||06 June 2019|
|Cut off date||07 September 2019|