Night Art Party - Night Sketching
with Chankerk and Giorgia
Our Night Art Parties are Art learning experiences, with the touch of magic of the night and the possibility to hang out with friends and explore Singapore in an unconventional way.
Date: 14 Sept 2019 (Sat), 8:30pm-12:30am
Sketching Location: Geylang
Fee: S$90 (10% off for members)
(Art material and supper/drinks are NOT included)
Supper/Type of cuisine: Singapore
What to bring
- 0.8 waterproof black ink pen
- 4B pencil
- A4 watercolour block, minimum paper weight 200 gsm
- Watercolour and rounded brush no 8(hair length approximately 1 in)
- Folding stool
What to expect?
- The sessions follow a specifically created syllabus and are designed to let you learn and practice step by step, the foundations of drawing and rendering Singapore Urban Landscape by night.
- You will be guided by two professional Art Instructors: Chankerk (Malaysian) and Giorgia (Italian). As they are different in culture and gender they will bring different perspectives and ways to see the worlds and this will enrich your experience and learning.
- You will go with your sketchpad in interesting locations of Singapore together with a group of art lovers and you will enjoy the special and cool atmosphere of the night.
- Learning how to observe with new eyes mundane and interesting places, improving your art and observation skills and attitude to be surprised will be part of the experience.
- A peer sharing session of the artwork will be followed by a short session of art appreciation where our art instructors will show artworks of master painters and will guide participants to learn how to appreciate and learn from their art pieces. All best artist learned also by observing other artist paintings. You will do the same.
What will you learn?
- Simple warm up exercise to awake your intuitive sense of creative drawing
- How to establish alignment for observed angles
- How to observe simple form of building and object
- How to add in details of building and object with great ease
- How to capture lighting of night scene
- Understanding linear perspective
- How to create a dynamic composition
- How to capture ambient mood of night scene
- Spontaneous Ink and wash techniques
- How to capture colours in the night scene
- Because we often overlook the beauty of night scenes (their lights and colours give a new perspective to everything)
- Because at night we can enjoy a more relaxed and quiet mood.
- After the art session we will organize a free and easy gathering for supper and drinks in local places. You are encouraged to join. This will be a great opportunity to build new relationship and bond with the other participants. The idea is to create a community of art lovers and friends. While sketching, learning, drinking, eating, laughing and chatting you will enjoy the company of a nice group of like-minded people, passionate of art and life enjoyment.
- There will be also the opportunity to test each time different types of cuisine and enjoy the variety of Singapore culinary scene.
Does it sound an interesting and fan experience? If yes, join our next NIGHT ART PARTY!
|Event Date||14 September 2019|
|Event End Date||14 September 2019|
|Cut off date||07 September 2019|