- Giorgia Madonno
Giorgia Madonno is an Italian artist and has been living in Asia since 2008 and previously in France and US. She has been trained and mentored by Italian, Singaporean, Malaysian, Pilipino, American/Russian and British professional artists. She paints with acrylics, watercolor and ink, soft pastels and mixed media. Her encounter with different cultures has led her to deepen a research that goes to the essence of things, overcoming the equivocality of the first impression and the cultural trait. Giorgia digs into the soul of the places where she lives and in the human being, looking for a deep connection that goes beyond the cultural barrier and looks at diversity as an opportunity to get back into question and look at different angles. Asia in particular, which as the philosopher F. Jullien says contains our unimaginable and constitutes our "elsewhere", has made it a mirror and allowed her to look to herself and to the human condition with a sharper, more acute and richer eye.
She has developed bodies of work around specific themes:
• In “Golden cosmology” Giorgia plays with different combination of acrylic and mixed media and creates alternative words.
• In “Soul of cities” she investigates the deep identity and soul of the places where she has lived or travelled.
• In “Stillness & Silence” the calm landscapes invite the viewer to escape for a moment from the hectic everyday life and take time for reflection and stillness in the space of silence offered by the painting.
• In “Nude Soul", the naked body of a woman does not want to be only the expression of her physical beauty but searches a connection with the intimate soul and emotions of the person below the mask of the “official self", looking for wholeness, authenticity and profound connection with the viewer. The artist wants also to give voice to one of the major diseases of our time and most stigmatized: depression and anxiety.
• In “World exploration”, the artist visually registers through colours the emotions and beauty experienced in the many places she has been visited around the world.
2018 - “Deeper perspectives” – Republic of Singapore Yacht Club - Singapore
2018 - “Deeper perspectives” - My Art Space - Singapore
2108 - “Anime a nudo” - Rassegna Futuro Eroico (Eros, Cibo, Natura) - Spazio Hortus Italy
2018 - “L’Estasi” - Curated by Roberto Melasecca - Livorno Italy (planned)
2018 - “8 contemporanee” - curated by Costabile Guariglia - Spazio hortus Italy
2018 - "10th Member Exhibition" – curated by My Art Space - Singapore
2017 - “Labbronirica” - Immaginifiche frontiere - curated by Costabile Guariglia - Italy
2017 - “Balik Kampong” – curated by Artsolute e Living Fisherman Village - Singapore
2017 - “TAIWAN storytellers - Arts and Culture" – Curated by My Art Space - Singapore
2016 - "Beauty of Nature Charity Exhibition" – curated by My Art Space - Singapore
Giorgia is also an expert in creativity and Art-Based management facilitation, organizational change and development and in this capacity, she collaborates with My Art Space, facilitating workshop, training and consulting projects.